With such a strong partnership TEC draws on the expertise of both Royal HaskoningDHV and Witteveen+Bos to provide a wide range of civil and structural engineering skills required for small and large infrastructural projects. This means all relevant technical knowledge for design, construction, operation and management of traffic tunnels for road and rail is combined in an single organisation, allowing an integrated approach to project implementation.
We use our specialist knowledge of tunnel design and construction to solve complicated underground mobility challenges.
- Tunnel construction techniques and all relevant civil engineering aspects. We specialise in bored, immersed and cut and cover tunnels, in all project phases, from initiation to operation and maintenance.
- Technical tunnel systems, including power supply, lighting, ventilation, drainage, fire detection and extinguishing systems.
- Tunnel traffic systems, inclusing speed discrimination systems, height detection, matrix signs, variable message signs, mobile guard rail and barriers.
- Traffic management from local and central control centres, where the traffic is guided through tunnels, over bridges and around other structures.
- Operation, management and maintenance, the often heavy intensity of traffic flows through tunnels means the design phase must focus on ensuring the reliability of the tunnel operations and minimising maintenance during periods of use.